Last updated February 28, 2018
- How do you collect personal information?
- What kind of personal information do you collect?
- How do you use the information?
- Do you automatically collect technical data, and why?
- Do you share personal information?
- Do you aggregate personal information?
- Other websites and your information
- Security, storage and retention of your personal information
- How you can access, update and modify your information
- How to opt-out of receiving promotional communications
- Contact us
2. How do you collect personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you provide information directly to us, for example, when you contact us, register an account, purchase Services, run reports or make inquiries to our webmaster.
We may collect personal information from third parties who you provided information to, such as providers related to our Services, or in connection with processing payment related to your subscription for our Services
We may also collect personal information of third parties that you provide to us or authorize us to collect, including personal information of your clients (“Third Party Data”). You are responsible for obtaining the necessary consent for the collection and use of Third Party Data and for the disclosure of this data to us.
3. What kind of personal information do you collect?
Examples of personal information we collect and use are:
- Contact information, such as full name, email address, telephone number
- User name and password
- Photograph or personal image of the user for the PDF reports
- Shipping and billing address(es)
- Payment information, including credit card data or other forms of payment
- Demographic information, including age, month and year of birth, gender, income level of users and their customers (where applicable)
- Name, e-mail address and mailing address of other individuals that you provide to us
- Information you provide when you contact us, provide feedback, make a complaint or other inquiries
- Other personal information required to provide you with our Services
- Fund comparison information
- Fund comparison reports
- Tracking data such as time spent on webpages, clicks, actions
4. How do you use the information?
CapIntel uses your personal information to:
- Register an account
- Provide our Services
- Administer, troubleshoot, enhance and manage our Services, including processing your online order(s)
- Verify transactions and process payments
- Send processing communications, including updates on your subscription or account
- Send promotional communications such as special offers or other promotions (if you have opted-in to receive such communications)
- Analyze the accuracy and effectiveness of our Site and Services
- Analyzing and understanding our customers and their needs
- Tailor your experience while visiting the Site
- Responding to inquiries, complaints and other communications to CapIntel
- Other purposes that we identify to you from time to time
It is important to understand that we will undertake every reasonable precaution to safeguard your personal information, however, providing this data to us may expose your personal information to various risks, including in the event of a data breach. If a data breach occurs, we will notify you as soon as possible and will comply with all legal requirements to mitigate any harms resulting from such a breach.
5. Do you automatically collect technical data, and why?
Like many websites, we automatically collect technical data when you visit and use our Site.
Cookies and similar technologies: We use “cookies”, scripts, pixel tags, etags, web beacons and other similar technologies on certain pages of our Site. These automatically collect data from a visitor to our Site and transfer this information to the visitor’s hard drive. Cookies help us recognize repeat visitors, personalize the Site and communications and tailor content to match particular interests. We also use these technologies to track Site usage trends and patterns.
- Opt out of cookies. You are always free to set your browser to decline cookies and you can delete them from your computer. If you decline “cookies” or delete them from your computer, you will still be able to access our Site, but you may find that some areas do not work as smoothly as when cookies are enabled on your system.
6. Do you share personal information?
We may share information with our business and promotional partners to send you information, by email, telephone or other means, about products and services you may like. Users may opt-out of receiving communications at any time. See Section 11 on how to opt-out of receiving promotional emails.
CapIntel may provide certain demographic information to third parties in connection with providing the Services to you.
It is possible CapIntel (including its present or future subsidiaries, joint ventures or any combination therefore) may transfer or assign your personal information as a result of, or in connection of a merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation or other business transaction. In the event of such an event (to the extent that it takes place), a notice will be posted on this Site.
We may disclose personal information to government, regulatory and/or law enforcement agencies if we believe the disclosure is legally required, is appropriate in connection with an investigation of improper or illegal conduct in connection with our Site and Services, or is otherwise required or permitted by law.
7. Do you aggregate personal information?
We may aggregate (i.e. assemble on a basis that does not enable one to personally identify you) the information we collect from you, including any technical data we automatically collect. Aggregated or “de-identified data” means that information that does not identify an individual and no longer considered “personal information”. Aggregated data may be used by us to improve our Services and for marketing or resale purposes, and may be shared with and used by advertisers and other third parties. We may also use aggregate data to determine what types of products and services are best suited for our customers and are requested by our customers. If we share aggregated data to third parties, personal information will not be individually identifiable in the aggregated data.
8. Other websites and your information
9. Security, storage and retention of your personal information
CapIntel employs reasonable measures to protect and ensure the security of your personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss.
Your personal information may be stored and/or processed or otherwise used by or on behalf of CapIntel outside of your jurisdiction of residence. By using our Services, you consent that your personal information is subject to the authorities and laws of that jurisdiction.
10. How you can access, update and modify your information
Updating information: If you have created a CapIntel profile or account, you can update or make changes to your personal information by logging into your profile. If you do not have a profile with CapIntel, you can contact us at any of the options below.
Access Request: If you make a request, we will let you know what personal information CapIntel has about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any part of your personal information, we will look into that as well.
CapIntel will provide you with access to your personal information that is in our possession, subject to certain exceptions, including information that is referenced to another individual’s personal information that we cannot sever, or information subject to solicitor-client privilege, or other legal restrictions that may prevent us from fulfilling your access request. To inquire contact us at: [email protected] (include “Attention: Privacy Officer” in the subject line).
11. How to opt-out of receiving promotional communications
In the event you wish to unsubscribe from receiving promotional email communications from CapIntel, you may opt-out by:
- Removing yourself by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email we send you, or
- Contact us at: [email protected]
If you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as notifications regarding your account or subscription to our Services, or as otherwise consistent with applicable law.
12. Contact Us and Product Support
Still Need Help? You may contact us at any of the following:
140 Yonge Street, Suite 200 Toronto, ON M5C 1X6